|Date:||November 6, 2014|
|Time:||3:00 p.m. Demonstrations & 4:00 p.m. Sale|
|Location:||Hall D, Edmonton EXPO Centre|
Bloodstock is a premier horse sale that brings together some of the top bloodlines in the industry and is a high calibre auction and a prime marketing opportunity for horse breeders. Northlands gathers bloodstock from across Canada for this performance horse auction. This year’s Bloodstock sale will be limited to 30 yearlings, two year olds and three year olds.
In 2011 we had our first Bloodstock Sale, and the vision for that event was to develop a premiere sale for the purpose of marketing premium equine genetics, providing breeders with a select sale opportunity and buyers an opportunity to source great horses in one location.
We are now entering into the 3rd sale and have refined the program quite significantly and here are the highlights how the program works:
- The sale is open to quality yearlings, two year old and three year old horses of saddle type.
- Horses that enter the sale and go through the ring are eligible to return for added incentives at Farmfair International equine events in subsequent years.
- As three year olds they can compete in the Northlands Bloodstock Cowhorse Futurity – this event is open to any three year old horse, but Bloodstock ‘Graduates’ are eligible for added incentives.
- As four and five year olds they can compete in the Northlands Barrel Racing Futurity, and the Canadian National Team Roping Futurity.
- As aged horses – four years and over they can compete in the Ranch Horse Competition, however they will be required to also sell if they choose that option.
- The added purse is provided generously by Vétoquinol, our partner in the program and we appreciate their continued support.
- For 2014 the available purse is $2,800. This will be split depending upon entries and placings within the respective events. This is in addition to any other money that may have been won. If a person is disqualified within the event, they will not be eligible for the incentive.
- The three year old horses that sell this year will be eligible for the 2014 Bloodstock Cowhorse Futurity.
- The eligibility transfers with the horse, so even if you have sold a horse that horse is still eligible with its new owner.