|Date:||November 7, 2014|
|Location:||Hall D, Edmonton EXPO Centre|
Bloodstock is a premier horse sale that brings together some of the top bloodlines in the industry and is a high calibre auction and a prime marketing opportunity for horse breeders. Northlands gathers bloodstock from across Canada for this performance horse auction. This year’s Bloodstock sale will be limited to 30 yearlings, two year olds and three year olds.
In 2011 we had our first Bloodstock Sale, and the vision for that event was to develop a premiere sale for the purpose of marketing premium equine genetics, providing breeders with a select sale opportunity and buyers an opportunity to source great horses in one location.
We are now entering into the 4th sale and have refined the program quite significantly and here are the highlights how the program works:
- The sale is open to quality yearlings, two year old and three year old horses of saddle type.
- Horses that enter the sale and go through the ring are eligible to return for added incentives at Farmfair International equine events in subsequent years.
- As four and five year olds they can compete in the Northlands Barrel Racing Futurity, and the Canadian National Team Roping Futurity.
- For 2014 the available purse is $2,800. This will be split depending upon entries and placings within the respective events. This is in addition to any other money that may have been won. If a person is disqualified within the event, they will not be eligible for the incentive.
- The eligibility transfers with the horse, so even if you have sold a horse that horse is still eligible with its new owner.
For inquiries, please contact or by phone at 1.780.471.7300